VSBA Grant Available
Victorian Government funded kindergartens are eligible to apply for up to $200,000 for infrastructure upgrades that improve accessibility and inclusivity for all children – but especially those with disabilities/additional needs. aquaBUBBLERs are DDA compliant and incorporate principles of Universal Design Best Practice – they are a perfect match with this grant! Applications close February 28 – so it’s time to get moving on the application form!!
But first, some essentials:
Q. Who is this grant offered by, and what is it called?
A. Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) Building Blocks Grants – Inclusion (Buildings and Playgrounds).
Q. Who is eligible?
A. Government funded Victorian kindergartens that are licensed to provide funded Three and Four-Year-Old Kindergarten programs (both programs must be offered and can be sessional or integrated with long day care).
Q. What can be funded?
A. Fixed fittings and fixed equipment. (This is where aquaBUBBLER fits in!)
Q. How do I apply?
A. Fill in and submit the online application form at vsba.smartygrants.com.au. You will need to register to use the online system if you are not already registered.
Q. Where exactly is this form?
A. Download it from and click on vsba.smartygrants.com.au Building Blocks Inclusion – Buildings and Playgrounds.
VSBA Inclusion Grants are rewarded to projects that enhance the inclusiveness of kindergarten environments – because engagement, wellbeing and learning all benefit as a result. The application form for this grant takes the Seven Principles of Universal Design Best Practice as a list of criteria to measure the accessibility and inclusivity of the project that you are applying to fund. See below how well aquaBUBBLERs match these principles:
1. Equitable use: Yes. aquaBUBBLER offers several DDA compliant models, and ALL models have bottle refill.
2. Flexibility in use: Yes. Drink directly from the outlet, or dispense from a refill tap into a cup or water bottle.
3. Simple and intuitive use: Yes. aquaBUBBLER’s Bright colours are highly visible and inviting. The push button to initiate water flow is highly visible and has no complex or fiddly features.
4. Perceptible information: Yes. (As per previous point)
5. Tolerance for error: Yes. Low chance of unintended actions; chance of hazard negligible.
6. Low physical effort: Yes. – Low Newton Force required (18 – 19.5N to initiate water flow; 15.5 – 17N to maintain)
7. Size and space for approach and use: Yes. – compact size, can approach from any angle.
More to come – stay posted for more on the inclusive design features of aquaBUBBLERs in the following weeks…
The Inclusion Grants are a fantastic government initiative – we strongly encourage you to apply and wish you best of luck!!
– the aquaBUBBLER Team